Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Prime Time!

It's only been a few weeks since I last mentioned this book, but I am now reading it for the second time with my small group. We went through Chapter 1 tonight and had a great discussion about our experiences and how we can relate them to what Mark Batterson is talking about. I just wanted to jot down a couple quotes that really stuck out to me from the first chapter:

"Some of the sacrifices you've made for the cause of Christ might not even qualify under a second century definition."

"The simple fact that Christians are more known for what we're against than what we're for."

"Does your heart break for the things that break the heart of God?"

"We can't afford to be merely good at the Great Commandment. We've got to be great at the Great Commandment."

0 comments: