Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Devilish Day

Wednesday - In my opinion, tonight featured the best rivalry in college sports - Duke & North Carolina. I haven't been as good about following Duke this year because of other responsibilities and scheduling but there was no question I'd be watching the game against UNC. Even though Carolina is struggling this season, I figured they'd play well and stay with Duke for most of the game. However, the Blue Devils pulled away down the stretch with strong leadership, clutch shooting, and good defense. It's good to finally get another win against the Heels. GTHC!


Tuesday - I just finished reading this book with my team at work. It focuses on belonging to communities and how that relates to small groups in churches. The author poses some rather interesting questions about what it means to belong, what types of relationships and spaces we develop, and how we can create and foster environments that encourage growth and belonging in a church setting. It reminded me of my classes at UGA that focused on relational development and types of interaction. Who knew Speech Communication would actually come in handy?!

0 comments: