Saturday, October 31, 2009

College Football Pick 'Em: Week Nine

My picks for the week:
#1 Florida vs. Georgia: I expect Florida to show up pretty angry and for them to handle Georgia comfortably. Herschel Walker's record will fall and the chances of Willie Martinez keeping his job will also continue to fall.
#2 Alabama vs. Idle
#3 Texas vs. #14 Oklahoma State: I like Texas to win this one because of their defense. Everyone talks about Colt McCoy and the Longhorns offense, but their defense is EXTREMELY strong and I don't think Oklahoma State has enough offense to stay with them.
#4 Iowa vs. Indiana: As much as I don't want to pick Iowa, I really don't see them losing to Indiana.
#5 USC vs. #10 Oregon: It's tough to pick against Oregon when they're playing in a night game at home, but I also have a hard time picking against USC in a big game. I feel like Pete Carroll could be the difference in this one in getting a big road win for the Trojans.
#6 TCU vs. UNLV: TCU is finally getting some deserved respect. Great defense & speed is the formula for success for the Horned Frogs and they have emerged as one of the most dominant programs in college football over the past five years.
#7 Boise State vs. San Jose State: I'd like to see a Boise State/TCU BCS game at the end of the season. Boise State will mow down San Jose State this week.
#8 Cincinnati vs. Syracuse: The Bearcats just continue to roll. I see Greg Paulus and Syracuse putting up little resistance this weekend.
#9 LSU vs. Tulane: Should be a good weekend for LSU to pad some stats and score a blowout win against Tulane.
#11 Georgia Tech vs. Vanderbilt: It's disturbing that Georgia Tech has one of the best offenses in the country, and they seem to be getting better on a weekly basis. Look for them to blow the doors off Vanderbilt (pardon the pun).
#12 Penn State vs. Northwestern: I sure was smart in picking against Penn State last week in a shootout against Michigan, as they killed the Wolverines. I like them to kill Northwestern this week.
#13 Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina: Played Thursday night. So much for thinking Virginia Tech is good.
#15 Pittsburgh vs. Idle
#16 Utah vs. Wyoming: Yet another week of not knowing anything about Utah's opponent. Go Utes!
#17 Ohio State vs. New Mexico State: What the heck is this game doing here? Ohio State wins big and looks stupid for scheduling this game.
#18 Houston vs. Southern Miss: This could be an upset special. Southern Miss has some good athletes on both sides of the ball and could make it difficult on the Cougars offense. I'll take Southern Miss.
#19 Miami (FL) vs. Wake Forest: I think Randy Shannon will be able to re-focus the Hurricanes and have them ready to play against Wake Forest. I like Miami to win.
#20 Arizona vs. Idle
#21 West Virginia vs. South Florida: Played Friday night. South Florida won.
#22 South Carolina vs. Tennessee: This could be a very good game in Knoxville tonight. It's two great defenses and two offenses that have the potential for big plays, but also having the potential to make lots of mistakes. I think I'll take South Carolina, due to Tennessee being down after last week's tough loss to Alabama.
#23 Notre Dame vs. Washington State: If Notre Dame loses another game this season, I think Charlie Weis will probably lose his job. They shouldn't have anything to worry about this week.
#24 California vs. Arizona State: As long as Cal finds ways to get the ball to Jahvid Best, they should be fine against the Sun Devils.
#25 Ole Miss vs. Auburn: The battle of two teams that have been ridiculously overrated at different points during the season. I'll take Ole Miss in this one because I'll say they have a coaching advantage.

0 comments: