Saturday, September 5, 2009

College Football Pick 'Em!

I'm probably going to regret this, but I'm going to go through all the college football games featuring Top 25 teams and predict the winner. This week should be relatively easy because most teams schedule push-overs for their opener, but I'll try and keep this going throughout the year. Here we go!

#1 Florida vs. Charleston Southern: Florida wins huge in this game and it's a pathetic scheduling move by Urban Meyer and Co.
#2 Texas vs. Louisiana Monroe: Colt McCoy begins his heisman campaign in a Longhorns rout.
#3 Oklahoma vs. # 20 Brigham Young: I give Bob Stoops credit for scheduling non-conference games like this. Oklahoma proves they're nasty on defense this year and they'll shut down the BYU offense.
#4 USC vs. San Jose State: USC will roll in this one, but their biggest key is avoiding any injuries before heading to Ohio State next week.
#5 Alabama vs. #7 Virginia Tech: The primetime game of the weekend in the Georgia Dome. I like Alabama to win a low-scoring defensive battle. If I don't pick Alabama, I'm worried Terrence Cody would eat me.
#6 Ohio State vs. Navy: Interesting scheduling decision for Ohio State. The Buckeyes will win this one, but it could have lingering effects against USC.
#8 Mississippi vs. Memphis: Ole' Miss and Memphis always seem to play each other close, but it's time for Ole' Miss to live up to the hype. I like Ole' Miss to win big.
#9 Oklahoma State vs. #13 Georgia: Part of me is really worried about this game, but I like the Dawgs to pull off the upset in Stillwater. I think Georgia will be able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and keep the explosive Cowboys' offense off the field.
#10 Penn State vs. Akron: Penn State should win comfortably.
#11 LSU vs. Washington: LSU should be more consistent this year with Jordan Jefferson at quarterback. The Huskies might hang around for a half, but LSU will have too much talent and depth.
#12 California vs. Maryland: California is looking for payback in this game and I expect them to get it. Jahvid Best could be a dark-horse heisman candidate for the Bears.
#14 Boise State vs. #16 Oregon: Played Thursday night.
#15 Georgia Tech vs. Jacksonville State: If Georgia Tech doesn't win, there should be an investigation.
#18 Florida State vs. Miami (FL): I'll take the 'Canes in the upset! Miami has a ton of talent and Florida State always seems to be dealing with distractions.
#19 Utah vs. Utah State: Played Thursday night.
#21 North Carolina vs. Citadel: UNC gets off to a good start in a season where I think they have a shot at winning the ACC.
#22 Iowa vs. Northern Iowa: Iowa wins, and no one cares.
#23 Notre Dame vs. Nevada: Round one of Murderer's Row for the Irish! I think they'llsqueak by Nevada.
#24 Nebraska vs. Florida Atlantic: Should be an interesting year for Nebraska. They have some talent and the Big 12 North is wide open. They'll beat Florida Atlantic.
#25 Kansas vs. Northern Colorado: The only question this game is how quickly Kansas will get to 50 points.

0 comments: