Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Career Day

While I try and keep this blog focused on general topics like sports and food, I wanted to take a chance to give an update on my own life. After the fourth of July, my wife and I decided to relocate to the West Palm Beach area and stay in my grandparents' condo on the beach and look for work in this area. We didn't really have any expectations, but we figured we'd be able to get part-time work and enjoy the opportunity to live at the beach for a couple months.


Now, we are beginning to see God's purpose and plan for bringing us to this area and we're excited about what he's doing in our lives. When we moved to West Palm Beach, we knew it would be difficult leaving our wonderful church in Orlando but we were trusting in God to provide us a new church home. We were fortunate to meet some wonderful people at First Baptist Orlando and we were nervous about being able to meet other young couples in an area that's known for older people who live here seasonally. However, we've gotten to know some awesome Godly couples over the past few weeks and it's been a great encouragement to know we're building relationships with quality people. And, not only has God provided us a church in Christ Fellowship, he's used the church to provide me employment for the next year!

Christ Fellowship is a church in the West Palm Beach area with over 20,000 attenders at four regional campuses and an online campus. In a church this massive, they are fortunate to have many resources and talented people, but there is also a great responsibility to make sure attenders aren't overwhelmed by such a mega-church atmosphere. One of the keys to being able to shrink down a church this big is by placing a heavy emphasis on small/community groups for enabling people to build personal relationships and experience spiritual growth together. In a way that only God could bring everything together, I have been blessed with an incredible opportunity to spend the next year working in the LifeGroups ministry at Christ Fellowship and I will get to experience what it's like to lead community group ministry at a large church. I'm excited to see how God is going to use me to be a support to this ministry and I'm even more excited to see how God uses this experience to reveal more of himself to me. Nicole and I are looking forward to the next year and we are ready to see what God has for us at Christ Fellowship and the Palm Beach area!

0 comments: