Tuesday, September 8, 2009

College Football Pick 'Em! Week Two

I held my own in the first week of picks with a record of 16-2 (missed the OU/BYU game & UGA/OK. State game). Here are my picks for this week's Top 25 games!

#1 Florida vs. Troy: I love the fact that Troy isn't afraid to schedule games against the best teams in the country every year. Sadly, that doesn't change the fact that Florida is going to kill them.
#2 Texas vs. Wyoming: Interesting game for the Longhorns. They'll be travelling to Wyoming and it will probably be a crazy atmosphere. Still, I like Texas to win comfortably.
#3 USC vs. #8 Ohio State: Everyone seems to be making this out to be a battle of the QB's, and I would like Ohio State if that were the case. As for everyone else on the field, I think USC is stronger and I like them to get a big win in the Horseshoe.
#4 Alabama vs. Florida-International: The Tide will roll and I'll continue to be jealous of their style of play.
#5 Oklahoma State vs. Houston: I think this is a game that might be closer than people think. Oklahoma State is coming off a big win against Georgia and they could overlook the Cougars. Houston has the ability to put a ton of points on the scoreboard, but I don't have enough guts to call an upset. I'll still take the Cowboys.
#6 Ole Miss - Idle
#7 Penn State vs. Syracuse: Greg Paulus looked pretty good against the Minnesota defense last week, but I don't think he'll look so good this week. Penn State always has a great pass rush and they have much more speed than Minnesota. This game could get ugly for the Orange.
#9 Brigham Young vs. Tulane: Brigham Young pulled off the huge upset last week against Oklahoma. Now, can they march toward a perfect season and the BCS? I don't expect Tulane to get in their way.
#10 California vs. Eastern Washington: I'm going to continue to talk about him because no one else really is: Jahvid Best will deserve to be considered for the Heisman! California will win big and Best will put up more good numbers against E. Washington.
#11 LSU vs. Vanderbilt: I wouldn't be surprised if this game is close. Vanderbilt is known for playing with discipline and I don't know if LSU has found a killer instinct yet. I think LSU wins because they have more playmakers, but Vandy will put up a fight.
#12 Boise State vs. Miami (OH): I'd be more excited about this game if it was the other Miami team. Boise State wins big.
#13 Oklahoma vs. Idaho State: Even without Sam Bradford, the Sooners should win this game by no less than three touchdowns.
#14 Virginia Tech vs. Marshall: Virginia Tech might have been the most impressive team that lost last week. Their defense will be very strong, but they need Tyrod Taylor to step up. The Hokies will beat Marshall comfortably.
#15 Georgia Tech vs. Clemson: Ga. Tech defeated Clemson on Thursday night. And what a game it was!
#16 TCU vs. Virginia: This is an ugly beginning to the season for UVA. An opening loss to William & Mary and I expect them to lose to TCU. The Horned Frogs are nasty!
#17 Utah vs. San Jose State: San Jose State hung with Southern Cal. for about a quarter last week. I expect the same thing this week before Utah pulls away.
#18 Notre Dame vs. Michigan: I look at this game and have no idea who's going to win. I think Notre Dame has more talent, so I'll pick the Irish (with no confidence whatsoever)
#19 North Carolina vs. UConn: This matchup makes me wish it was basketball season. I like the Heels to get a good win on the road in Connecticut.
#20 Miami (FL) - Idle
#21 Georgia vs. South Carolina: I'm starting to think Logan Gray might be the starting quarterback for Georgia by the end of the season. Joe Cox struggled with the flu last week and now he's talking about an injured shoulder - bad news! I think the Dawgs will win this one only because their offense is not quite as bad as South Carolina's.
#22 Nebraska vs. Arkansas State: I'll take Nebraska by 40.
#23 Cincinnati vs. SE Missouri State: I wonder if the Bearcats will get tougher competition in this game than they did last week against Rutgers. Either way, they win by a ton.
#24 Kansas vs. UTEP: The Jayhawks have a cast of characters on offense who must all be getting their P.H.D's because they've been there FOREVER. Kansas wins this one.
#25 Missouri vs. Bowling Green: Missouri looked AWESOME last week against Illinois but they need to avoid a letdown in this game. I think they'll be focused and take care of business against Bowling Green.

0 comments: