Friday, March 23, 2012

A Little Nook

The Center Street Nook was another one of the places Nicole and I knew we wanted to eat during our vacation in Florida. This is one of my favorite restaurants (anywhere) and it is full of local character and charm. It seats about 20 people and this is the first place I think of when recommending a sort of "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" type restaurant. When we lived in Jupiter, Nicole and I would occasionally walk to "The Nook" on Saturday mornings and enjoy a heaping plate of pancakes - filled with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and happiness. The staff were always extremely friendly, the food was delicious, and there was a special feeling about being able to eat there - I was very excited about getting to go back!

On our return trip, we decided to go by The Nook for lunch. We were lucky to come at a time when it wasn't particularly crowded and we were able to walk right in and get a seat - this is one of the only times I've ever had this happen. As usual, we were greeted by an extremely friendly waitress who took our drink orders as we looked over the menu. They were serving breakfast (served for breakfast & lunch) and normal lunch items so I was in quite the dilemma over what to order. Nicole went with breakfast (a veggie omelette) and I decided to get a sandwich because I was more in the mood for lunch. I've had many of their sandwiches but I'd never tried a burger of any type, so I ordered the Patty Melt on rye bread.

I miss you sweet potato fries.
The food came out and looked excellent, and to no one's surprise, tasted excellent too. One of my favorite things about this restaurant is that they provide a creative, unique menu without sacrificing quality or flavor. My patty melt was served on rye bread that had been buttered and toasted, which was a great combination with the generous beef patty, melted cheese, and onions. I don't eat too many burgers/red meat anymore, but I can make an exception when it tastes like this. And to go with my sandwich, I ordered sweet potato fries as my side - which they do a great job with.

To be honest, I really can't offer any sort of critical review about the Center Street Nook. I love everything about it. The prices, especially for the South Florida area, are very reasonable - breakfast ranges from $5-$8 and lunch ranges from $6-$10. The servers are always friendly and the owner is always there checking on tables and talking with guests. And everything I've tasted has been good. They could probably expand to offer more space but that might take away some of the charm and atmosphere. This is one of the special little parts of Jupiter, FL that a visitor must experience - I miss not being able to experience it more often.

Center Street Nook on Urbanspoon

0 comments: