Sunday, April 1, 2012

My Week in Pictures

The past week has been busy, crazy, and fun - all at the same time. There are times when a routine is helpful for being efficient and productive and organized. And there are other times when it's good to do something different, like taking a random trip, or enjoying a bizarre meal, or treating yourself...I did all three this past week. Here's some of the highlights in pictures:

Last Sunday, Nicole and I did something we never do...go to the movies. We don't feel like spending the money and we usually just rent things from the library. But we made an exception to go see The Hunger Games. We are big fans of the books and really enjoyed the movie. Already looking forward to the next one!

On Wednesday, Nicole and I drove to Richmond for the Virginia Food & Beverage Expo. This event featured hundreds of local food companies, many of them being small family businesses. We had a great time sampling their products and learning about their companies. It was also my first time hanging out in Richmond and it was a lot of fun - other than the miserable 8 hours of driving in one day.

Friday, I had lunch at a restaurant in Roanoke called Little Jamaica. I plan to write a full review, but I'll go ahead and say that this place had character. My jerk chicken and my dad's ox tail were legit...maybe even too legit. 

Yesterday, we went to Blacksburg and hung out at Virginia Tech's International Street Fair. As I wrote in yesterday's post, I was surprised at how big the event was and much diversity there was. I found out today that over 10,000 people attended the Fair and there were over 40 countries represented. I feel so cultured.

And then today, we did something I had been wanting to do for a long time - we hiked Mill Mountain. We started at the base of the mountain and made our way up to the Star. I wasn't able to get any good pictures but it was a good hike, minus all the bugs. To celebrate, we went downtown and enjoyed a snowball from Bayou Snowballs, another place I plan to write a review about soon.

I hope this coming week is just as fun!

0 comments: